Program will include: (All categories will start with basic work and go on to advanced work)
Basic Study of Canines
- Training fundamentals
- Problem solving
- Temperament evaluations for adult dog
- Puppy temperament and aptitude evaluation
- Adult dog temperament and aptitude evaluation
- Basic boundaries, parameters and respect
- Owning your space
- Job description for puppy/adult dog
- Leadership skills
- Canine Good Citizen group/class training. Teaching group class.
- Service dog training
- Therapy dog training
- Emotional support dog training
Behavioral Work with Problem Dogs
- Working within a dog pack
- Rehabilitation of dog with issues
- Business building
- Shelter externship
Student will purchase a training package to begin program which is $550.
A training package covers 40 hours of consultation, written material and practical work. Total cost to complete the program is $4000-6000. Most students complete the program on a part-time basis in 2 years.
The time that it will take for each student to complete the program varies considerably depending on previous experience of student and availability to work with the instructor. At the time of entry into the program, prospective students will be evaluated and given an individual estimate of time and cost.
Upon completion of the program, the student will graduate with a certification in Animal Behavior and Service Dog Training, as well as Canine Good Citizen Certification training.